Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Zoya Caitlin

Caitlin is a medium dusty blue creme shade from the Intimate Collection.  This went on like BUTTAH- 2 glorious coats for opaqueness.  Dries darker than the bottle color.  I adore Zoya's colors, formula, brush, etc.- but I have tip wear after just a few hours!  Wtf?  At first it may have been shrinkage with Seche Vite topcoat, but then I bought the whole Zoya color-lock system and am still having probs!  I don't get it- maybe it just doesn't go with my body chemistry?  If you have any tips please let me know!  (hahaha- tips for tipwear)  But I wore this all day proudly with my tip wear.












After a day I decided it needed something extra (besides a tip touch-up)...FLAKIES!


This is 2 coats of Finger Paints Flashy over Caitlin




Then I mattified it with Essie Matte about you topcoat


Flakies look really nice over this mid color- a more muted color show than the vibrant colors you get layering them over black.  This was my first time using a matte topcoat.  It went on easily and dried quickly.  I dunno if I'm a fan of the matte look- its just so chalky and I think it made my winter ravaged skin look drier.  Really made the flakies pop on the nail better.  I'll mattify other things and see if it grows on me- I hear glitter looks great matte!

No comments:

Post a Comment