Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Butter London No More Waity, Katie

This is the first Butter London polish I've tried.  I got a cute little set with the polish and a mini bottle of their polish remover for $15 at Ulta.  The polish alone retails for $14 so the kit was hard to resist.  No More Waity, Katie is a limited edition color created in honor of the Royal Wedding.  This is a greige jelly base with lavender glitter.  It was quite sheer and streaky and definitely needed 3 coats.  It is very unique color that I really enjoyed, but the formula was such a bummer.  Wear was pretty bad too- usually glitter polishes stay on forever but I had serious chips on my right hand after 24 hours.  Boooo!

I got interesting comments from this one too.  I'm a nurse so the colors I wear definitely push the boundaries of "work appropriate".  Thankfully I work at a doctor's office so they are a little more relaxed about my crazy color choices.  (Crazy in my office is anything not pink or red)  It got rave reviews from a 90 year old female patient, but a 92 year old male patient said "you've got dirt on your finger nails".  Not sure if that was his way of telling me he did not approve of the color or if he actually thought I had dirt on my fingernails.  Either way, it was hilarious and I had to choke back the laughter until I was out of the room.  Who cares about looking "professional"?  Life is too short to wear boring nail polish- I'm still somewhat young so I'm gonna rock crazy nails as long as I can.  And if someone thinks differently about you because of your choice in nail color, they're an idiot anyways.






No comments:

Post a Comment