Thursday, March 15, 2012

Layering with Sinful Colors Nail Junkie

This beautiful creature was one of my best layering experiments ever!  I don't know about you guys, but I am still so in love with flakies!   I hope they stay popular for a while longer!  This was definitely more green than the pictures show.  This was an unbelievable 11 coats of polish on my nails!  I'm not even kidding.  Base coat, 3 coats of Unknown Color Club green creme, 2 coats of Sinful Colors Nail Junkie glitter,1 coat Gelous and Seche Vite topcoat.  Wore those eight coats for a day and then added 2 coats of Finger Paints Flecked and more topcoat.  That's a lot of layers!


Layering flakies over glitter gives this amazing fish scale effect!


This Color Club came in a TJ Maxx kit that was labeled incorrectly but I think it may be Edie.  It was so much greener than this picture shows.  Looks more turquoise here, either way- lovely color.  3 coats.


Look at that bottle of Color Club Nail Junkie!  This glitter has a teal jelly base with aqua, royal blue, green and gold glitter.  AMAZING!  You need this if you like glitter at all.  Could probably be built up to opacity in 3-4 coats, I chose to layer it here.  I like it so much I have a backup bottle.


Still nice before the flakies


Macro with the flakies added.  Reminds me of the ocean pictures you see around some tropical place like Tahiti.  








No comments:

Post a Comment