Wednesday, March 14, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Glitter Gradient

What a great excuse to wear green this week!  I love me some St Pattie's Day!  An Irish holiday centered about drinking- Yesss!  I'm too old for all that mess now, but back in the day I was all about it.  Now I'll just paint my nails green to celebrate.  This mani uses 2 Bonita polishes.  They don't have names- these came in sets of 6 that I found in TJ Maxx for like $5.99.


Here's the final product.  I thought I was done at the pics below, but it needed a little something extra.  I wanted a gold rhinestone to put on the ring finger but I don't have any so I used a chunky gold glitter polish on the outer corner to accent.  Loved this!


The base was 3 coats of Unnamed Bonita Green Shimmer.  2 coats would have been fine, I just used 3 to even things out for pictures.  This was a really great polish- went on smoothly and the color is gorgeous.  Sometimes these cheap polishes can surprise you with their quality!


Then I sponged on Sinful Colors Call You Later in a gradient starting at the tips.  This is a great layering polish.  Green round and larger hex glitter with small gold glitter.  I realized when I looked at the macro that the gold glitter is square!  Yea for square glitter!


It was a little gritty so I did a coat of Gelous and then a coat of Seche Vite- smooth as glass now.
Don't forget to wear your green!





No comments:

Post a Comment