Sunday, March 4, 2012

China Glaze Capitol Colors- The Hunger Games Nail Polish Collection

I have been anxiously awaiting this collection like so many of you.  Stopped by Sally Beauty this weekend and they had them- score!   Still in boxes in the back so I got first pick- nice new bottles that haven't been opened and sampled yet.   The ones I bought are Dress Me Up, Fast Track, Agro, Riveting, Foie Gras, Smoke and Ashes and Luxe and Lush.  I loved Harvest Moon in the bottle but think the copper color will look terrible on me.  Initially I thought I did not want Stone Cold because it's a Matte color- but it's really nice and I could always put topcoat on it...hmmmm...   So I could end up with more colors possibly.  Splitting this up into 2 posts, yes- cheating, I know, but it's so much freakin work to swatch this many colors!  I'll post the others tomorrow.  All of these swatches are without topcoat.






Dress Me up is a dusty rose/brown creme.  I do not generally like pinks, but this one really drew me in.  It's very classy and grown-up while still being modern.  Nearly opaque in one coat, 2 pictured here for good measure.  Went on like a dream, practically painted itself on.  Dries darker on nail than in the bottle.  Did not  photograph true to color in my light box(see above bottle shot) so this pic is indirect light outdoors.  


 With 1 coat of Luxe and Lush on top.  Pics don't do this justice- very pretty combo in person.


Agro is a metallic olive green- slightly brushstrokey, but not too bad.  Super pigmented- could have done one coat, this is 2 for good measure.  Would probably be good for stamping as well.  Love.  


With one coat of Luxe and Lush on top.  Gorgeous.


Riveting is like blazing fire on your nails.  Bright orange Jelly with gold shimmer.  Great formula on this as well.  Still a little VNL at 2 coats so this is 3 pictured below.  Excellent summer color.


1 coat of Luxe and Lush on center nails.  Luxe and Lush is a flakie topcoat that flashes mostly warm golds and yellow.  It does take on tones of the base color below it.  These are large irregular mylar type flakies and are quite rough unless topped with topcoat.  Formula is thick as expected with this type of polish.  Nice versatile polish I can see myself using alot.  It was lovely over a teal polish I tried also- will post that later in the week.  


After purchasing these, I held all bottles in my lap while riding around in the car with my husband.  I kept showing them to him like an idiot.  Yeah baby, nail polish- that's nice.  Fortunately he does not think I'm crazy (I hope)
More to follow tomorrow!











No comments:

Post a Comment